Did you know we are in the midst of an EVolution? Cities, Towns, Retailers, Employers, and Property Owners are recognizing the economic and environmental benefits to adding Electric Vehicle Chargers to their properties.
Below are 5 Reasons drivers are switching to electric:
- Driving a better car. From plug-in hybrids to all-electric, there is an EV for everyone. Major automakers are coming out with new models all the time and with more torque, instant acceleration and no engine noise, you can enjoy a better ride. Plus, saving time by getting into the carpool lane.
- Driving for less. Electric Vehicles require less maintenance and by avoiding the gas station, EV drivers save an estimated $13,000 over the life of the vehicle. EV drivers are also eligible for tax credits and electric bill reductions.
- Charge where you go. EV drivers can plug in at home, at work, around town and out of town. There are over 22,100 spots just on the ChargePoint network.
- The freedom to go anywhere. With hundreds of charging stations across the country that can charge your car at 200 RPH (miles of Range Per Hour), and many more coming, now your car can take you just about anywhere.
- Making a difference and helping clean our air. Over the life of an Electric car, you can reduce CO2 emissions by 45 tons.
Thinking about adding Electric Vehicle Chargers to your business?
Case Studies have shown property owners improving tenant satisfaction, retailers increasing gross revenue, and workplaces increasing employee satisfaction, all while reducing greenhouse gas emissions and surpassing sustainability goals.
You will meet the needs of EV Drivers. EV drivers have a strong desire to choose their destination or rental home based on the availability of an Electric Vehicle charger. Attract EV drivers by making your business more convenient and efficient for them and differentiating from your competition.
Incentives to purchase EV charging stations are available in many states:
The MOR-EV Program in Massachusetts provides $2,500 for the purchase or lease of new electric vehicles, including battery electric and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles. The CHEAPR Program in Connecticut provides $3,000 for the purchase or lease of new clean vehicles, including battery electric, plug-in hybrid electric, and fuel cell electric vehicles.
Choosing the Right EV Charging Stations
Granite City Electric Supply is New England’s leading distributor for ChargePoint – the world’s largest and most open EV charging network and supplier.
Why Chargepoint? Chargepoint offers the largest Smart Open Network of EV chargers and drivers. Without an open communication network, EV drivers will have no idea where your station is located, if it is available, occupied, or functioning. As an EV charging station owner without an open network you will not have control over who uses your station, or have visibility to utilization reports, costs, return on investment and how to scale demand. With no ability to communicate with EV drivers, the result could be a wasted investment.
Granite City Electric can work with business interested in EV Charging Stations and qualifying rebate programs. We can help pick the best EV Charging Station Model for your business type and needs.
For more information or to purchase an EV Charging Station contact Bob.Cook@granitecityelectric.com